You might be surprised at the number of home improvement projects you can do around the house for $100 or less. Check out these 20 affordable DIY projects that can help to improve the appearance and function of your home:
20. For Bird Lovers Only
Adding home improvements that help to attract our beautiful feathered friends can greatly enhance your enjoyment of nature on your property all year round. Installing a new bird feeder, an ornate bird bath and a hummingbird feeder can soon have a multitude of beautiful birds flocking to your yard on a daily basis to sample the seeds, bathe or have a drink of nectar.
Consider adding a suet feeder to your setup in winter if you live in a cold climate so that the cold-weather birds will also have something to eat.
You might also consider creating an easy DIY bird feeder at a minimal cost using just a few basic household supplies. While many bird feeders are well under $100, you can make this bird feeder for next to nothing.
Here are the supplies you’ll need:
- Empty Toilet Paper Roll(s)
- Bird Seed
- Peanut Butter
Creating your budget friendly bird feeder:
- Start by putting the ribbon through the toilet paper roll and tying it into a decorative knot at the top. (This step can be done either before or after the toilet paper tube is rolled in the peanut butter and the bird seed; it will work just fine either way.)
- Spread a generous amount of peanut butter over the entire outside of the toilet paper roll.
- Roll the peanut butter covered tube in liberal amounts of bird seed. Coat evenly — try and be sure that every part of the peanut butter is covered in bird seed.
- Using a wire hanger, hang your newly created bird feeder in a tree near one of your windows, and watch the birds enjoy it.
- Since they are so affordable, feel free to make more than one! This is a great family project that kids of any age will enjoy creating.